Civil, nice, polite what are the meanings behind these terms? According to an online dictionary;
consideration for others and the adherence to conventional social standards of good behavior
Good behaviour and conventional social standards. So in other words when Sir Rodmond Roblin stated, ‘”nice” women weren’t interested in voting’ McClung should have recognized that she wasn’t bringing the middle ground to her side and should have gone home and baked a pie.
Perhaps we should be nice like the anti choice side
is this nice?
* August 19, 1993: Dr. George Tiller was shot outside of an abortion facility in Wichita, Kansas. Shelley Shannon was charged with the crime and received an 11-year prison sentence.
* June 29, 1994: June Barret was shot in the same attack which claimed the lives of James Barrett, her husband, and Dr. John Britton.
* December 30, 1994: Five individuals were wounded in the same-day shootings which killed Shannon Lowney and Lee Ann Nichols.
* December 18, 1996: Dr. Calvin Jackson of New Orleans, Louisiana was stabbed 15 times, losing 4 pints of blood. Donald Cooper was charged with second-degree attempted murder and sentenced to 20 years.
* October 28, 1997: A physician whose name has not been revealed was shot in his home in Rochester, New York.
* January 29, 1998: Emily Lyons, a nurse, was severely injured in the bombing which also killed Robert Sanderson.
* September 11, 2006 David McMenemy attempted a suicide bombing of a women’s clinic in Davenport, Iowa after scouting targets throughout the Midwest. It was later revealed that the targeted clinic did not perform or make referrals for abortions.
In fact according to the above from Wiki CSIS “defined anti-abortion violence as “single issue terrorism””
What about calls of murders, child killers, sinners, culture of death?
Those of us who see the damage done when women have their choices removed are far more interested in protection of reproductive liberty, than the wishy washy support of those who can’t bring themselves to fully support women’s rights.
As Nellie McClung intoned;
“Never retreat, never explain, never apologize. Get the thing done and let them howl.”