This is more specifically about blogging but really could relate to anything.
10. Top Ten lists are narrow in scope.
There are various points of view, methods of approach, writing styles, etc, to choose ten requires too narrow a focus.
9. Top Ten lists focus on too few issues
There are so many issues (politics, gender issues, aid, policy, parenting) to create a top ten requires ignoring issues
8. Top Ten lists are often made up of friends or sucking up
7. Top Ten lists are like High School Cool Kids Klubs
6. Top Ten lists are boring ( well not this one 😉 )
5. Top Ten lists are like being invited to a Smörgåsbord and eating only the ten dishes in the middle.
4. Top Ten lists are only good for humour ( see David Letterman ) and silly memes ( what 10 CDs would you take if stranded on a deserted island…and how would you power the player professor? With coconuts? )
3. Top Ten lists make you sound presumptuous. After all why are you so important we should care what you think make a Top Ten.
2. Top Ten lists are lazy writing.
and the Number One reason Top Ten lists suck…..
Because they really don’t mean a damn thing.